Wednesday 9 May 2012

The Ukulele Tree - first field test



Had my first workshop on saturday! It was pretty successful, we had 6 people come. 2 Little girls, and a range of adults. I'm happy people didn't assume it was for children only, I'm much happier having a range or indeed just adults. I was very nervous the morning of the workshop but mostly about things were beyond my control: what if nobody turns up? What some strings break? What if theres an earthquake? As it happened one ukulele did explode, but since that happened I felt a little more comfortable. If I can deal with an exploding Ukulele then I can deal with anything! 

The workshop was videoed and I'm currently working on editing that together. In the mean time here are some pictures of happy smiling people holding Ukuleles! 




Looking back at the footage I look pretty together, confident and eloquent. A sign of how nervous and hyped up on adrenaline can be seen here; my blushing, a symptom of my severe rosacea which I've had since I was 15. Breakouts caused by alcohol, spicy food, hot showers or stress. 








No comments:

Post a Comment